Tuesday 3 May 2011

Request for walkthroughs...

Hi folks.

Malcolm (surname? Sorry - don't know) and others elsewhere have requested walkthroughs/tutorials. I've thought about this from time to time, which is why I took a few pics of Leadwood as it took shape.

SO: over the next couple of weeks, I'll construct a new Wild West building as a stand-alone piece, describing each stage of the process, the materials I choose, tips and tricks and what label of pinot noir goes down best when working with balsa wood.

Similarly, I plan for the (near) future to document the design/construction of a modular futuristic city, a couple of tracked sentry robots and a few other things.

I hope it all proves useful, entertaining and educational.

Happy warring!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Colonel,

    I follow your other blog and your wild west buildings are nothing less the brilliant! Best around I think. Really like your background btw!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christopher! I'm glad you like my stuff.

    The background photo was taken and sepia-toned by my good friend Greg Simmonds, one of the Kapiti Fusiliers.

    Ummm... My OTHER blog? Sorry - This is the only one, although I have posted on The Miniatures Page (http://theminiaturespage.com) and Lead Adventure Forum (http://www.lead-adventure.de) do you mean one of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work and looking forward to projects you have in the pipeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot. I'll try to keep 'em coming thick and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I assumed I saw your stuff on a blog. Thanks for correcting that as it appears it was on the forums actually. Still, thought I did see it somewhere. Great stuff!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good. Thanks! I take it that was the miniatures page or lead adventures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an avid follower of Lead Adventures and that'
    s likely where I have seen it. TMP I only look at for miniature news from time to time.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete