Thursday 8 March 2012

Gargantua In Print...

Hi, All!
Kapiti Observer, March 8th, 2012

HMSW Gargantua made the local news today, after news of her creation was leaked to the press by a spy at the construction yards... Thanks, Roly!

Although slightly misquoted (the height of Sheffield steel was the Victorian Era - how old do I look?!) I'm nevertheless a happy Colonel. It's nice to get a bit of recognition!

Anyway, there you go. More on the Faraday Gun coming soon, and I'm working on designs for five more VSF weapons and an outrageously ambitious project that will put Leadwood, Gargantua and everything else I've done so far to shame!

Watch this space...

All the Best!

8 comments:

  1. Mucho Kudos! They could have put a link to your blog to complete the article though.
    Still who knows what interest may come out of the woodwork in Kapiti now???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness, the lovely young lady who interviewed me has apologised - it seems my blog was in her original draft but the editorial process obliterated it.

      Still, isn't that why we build weapons of mass destruction?

      I rest my case. Don't be alarmed by the cannon fire later tonight.

      Delete
  2. Woo-whee! I'm an official whistle-blower!!!!

    But a well-deserved article, I say. It'll be interesting, as Scott says, if you get queries about it from any Kapiti closet gamers/modellers.

    Even better if you get a call from Weta, of course ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, if you were a proper Steam-Punk gamer, your whistle would blow itself - something I'm sure we've all dreamed of...

      We'll see what interest comes of it in time. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Gut eefening, mein vatter. Familiar, yes? http://lolmart.com/product/steam-wars-reprint-2/

    -The Colonel's Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Very familiar... But I think they did theirs first!

      -The Colonel's Daughter's Vatter.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, my dear Colonel! Some well-deserved recognition beyond our cloistered world of gamer geekiness. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, AJ Old Chap!

    No more skulking in shadows and cloisters for me! Shame. I rather like it...

    ReplyDelete