|Lightning cannons armed and ready... Tally ho!|
More development on the Hydrothermicopters front this week...
To be honest, I have been repeatedly asking myself, "Why, oh why did you choose to make two of these blasted things...?!"
|Largely unadorned Hydrothermicopter... At this stage, I wasn't certain what the big fat nose cone was all about...|
Well, I suppose because I can. So I did. But when embarking upon producing duplicate models, one ventures into dangerous territory. The best way to approach multiple-model-construction is to adopt a 'production line' attitude: Do all the green stuff. Then all the rivets. Then the first coat. Then the blah blah blah...
|Tail-plane details are added, along with some nice bendy chimneys...|
|...And another colourful bead or two. If in doubt, folks, glue on more bits of stuff...|
You see the problem? It's boring.
What should be a fun project of discovery and invention quickly becomes a mundane routine. Not to mention the frustration of suddenly realising you've missed bits or can't find another of that part you need that you just glued to the other one...
|The cockpit is shaped using plastic board and white Miliput.|
Am I ranting? Probably. I tend to do that sometimes...
|The fuselage. Landing gear are made from the end of a plastic fork with all but two prongs removed. Piping, brackets and rivets are added. Greenstuff fills gaps and adds detail to the plastic cylinders.|
Anyway, I am pleased that I stuck with it, because these two airborne Weapons of Mass Delusion are now looking rather splendid and are awaiting their first coat of paint. Each has been fitted with a Lightning Cannon and soon I will begin adding the aircrews and more cockpit details...
|Cockpit detailing begins. At this point, the cockpit will have to be painted before further details and crew are added.|
And it feels so good to be able to give you all a....
RIVET COUNT!!!!!! (sigh... It's been so long...!)
Each Hydrothermicopter is so far adorned with a total of 232 RIVETS! ...not counting the ones I pressed into the brass rotor blades (they feel a bit like cheating...)
That's 464 rivets so far on this project, doubtless with a few more to come.
So there you go, folks - they're coming along nicely. And have no fear! I haven't forgotten about the Flunks... The female and calf have had a little attention this week, too. But more about that later...
|Big Momma Flunk. Taking shape.|
Oh well, that's that for this post. More soon!
|Wuppa wuppa wuppa, choo choo!|
All the Best!