|HMSW Gargantua on a training exercise with the garrison of Tzu-I-Saed Mission.|
Here we go then: the final detailing of HMSW Gargantua has begun. The structure is complete, the crew are ready. It's nearly time...
|Steps will extend from the bare metal plate in the Main Deck to the Aft Deck, above the flywheel.|
For those of you who are interested, the following details need to be added before this rather long-winded project can be considered done:
- Handrails (or chains) on the Rear Deck, around the engine.
- Rope ladder from the Aft Gallery.
- Steps between the Main Deck and the Rear Deck.
- Guns mounted on Fo'c'sle and in the 'mouth'.
- A Union Jack.
- Coal in the coal bunker.
- Glass in the portholes.
- Control panels, dials, levers, etc. in the head.
- Extra studs under the raised Front Port Foot.
- Green stuff to seal valves.
- A clear (discreet) support under Front Port Foot.
- A name plate.
- Yorkshire Roses and other British markings.
- Brass paint to touch up on pistons.
|Glass will be fitted to the portholes and instrument panels designed for inside the head.|
|The Aft Gallery, almost complete.|
Since my last post, little has been done but today's the day! I have already added a handrail and tread boards on the Aft Gallery, incorporating a further 22 rivets, bringing the rivet count to:
And I daresay there will be more. I'll keep you posted as things develop.
|Shhh! Engage Stealth Mode!|
Check out my next post for some model making silliness I indulged in last night...
All The Best!