|The "Faraday Gun" in production...|
Two posts in one day! Whatever has got into me?
I took a break from HMSW Gargantua last night to play with a few bits and bobs. I've had an idea ingering in my head for some time that I'd like to design some sort of weapon using the reflector from an MR16 halogen lamp - I handle thousands of these in my day job...
|MR16 halogen lamp reflector. Ooh! Pretty colours!|
Anyway, as you do, I started gluing stuff together...
|Needs more rivets!|
Specifically, this model incorporates:
- An MR16 lamp
- A sewing machine foot
- A die-cast pencil-sharpener wagon
- Irrigation system bits
- Styrene board, tubes and rods
- A toy Edmontosaurus
- A British Officer from Black Tree
- A converted wagon driver from Old Glory (I think!) with the head of a British soldier from Black Tree
- A copper press-stud
- Cogs from a Twink correction tape dispenser
|Green Stuff is required to finish the driver. Brass cables and tubes will also be added after painting.|
This shouldn't take long to paint, so I'll soon have a Galvanic Field Gun with which to pound the enemies of Empire!
Oh, yes... I should probably mention that I have so far added 119 rivets!
All The Best!